It's almost 18 years since we migrated in the metro and his family was one who gave the most warm welcome. Maybe because we speak the same dialect with his parents. He was a little around 8years old then, I often go to their house, standby, wasting time.
Life's not easy for his family, but they are happy... He was Happy! He was a sweet little boy who follows and respects his parents so much. I grew fond of him and how he call me 'ate' makes me feel proud as a real sister. I remember trusting him with my goldfish when we went for a week vacation at the province, though, my pet died during his watch, i cannot stay mad to him for long. Just like a brother.
After 3-4 years, he and his family left the compound. I seldom see him now, but i can vividly remember him. I heard he graduated high school few years later, i couldn't have been any prouder of his achievement so far. The next thing i knew, he left... for good.
I was surprise to know how his family stumbled and yet he remained strong. But maybe this was a battle he's not meant to win. He succumb to pneumonia.
This is not how i imagined to meet him again, but as i bid my final farewell, i'll always remember the good times we shared.
Goodbye my old, yet young friend - Michael John 'John-john' IbaƱez... May your soul rest in peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment